This is a step by step instruction on how I make an amazing acai bowl right from home. All you will need are a few basic ingredients, and you can dress up the bowl however you like! Acai bowls are so nutritious because acai is a superfood. Acai is known for its high antioxidant content, which promote skin health and anti-aging. It is also a good source of dietary fiber, so it is very detoxifying. Lastly, it is an immune system booster because of all the excellent vitamins and minerals. Sounds great right? Not only are acai bowls delicious, but they are customizable and so healthy. You don’t have to go to a shop or expensive vegan restaurant to enjoy an acai bowl. It’s better for your wallet to make acai bowls from home, and they also taste better because you put your and care love into making it.
Here’s what you will need to make the base.
- Acai packet (you can also use powdered acai if you cannot find the packets)
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk (or almond, coconut water, or plain water)
- 1 banana
- Optional: Coconut flavor drops, Cacao powder, Maca powder
- Add the acai, banana and coconut milk into a blender
- If you want it slightly runnier, add more milk. If you like it thicker, add more fruit or acai
- Add 1-2 Stevia drops if you bought the unsweetened type of acai
Once the acai base is blended up, scoop it into a bowl and then you can add whatever toppings you like. I personally love adding fruit, cacao nibs, and then some seeds like chia, flax or hemp. Now is your chance to make it look pretty for Instagram 🙂
Acai bowls are perfect for breakfast, post-workout, or whenever you desire a sweet, delicious, satisfying snack.