Smoothie bowls are an excellent way to get in tons of nutrients, and it feels like you’re eating dessert. I recently have been using Bone Broth Protein from Dr.Axe which I love, and it also tastes delicious!
Protein I use to make my smoothie bowls:
I like this protein because it is made from chicken broth, and only has a few added natural sweeteners such as stevia, and cocoa powder. The ingredients are very minimal, and best of all, this protein is soy free, dairy free, and grain free. I have recently cut out grains from my diet to see if it would have any improvement on my skin, and it has helped my perioral dermatitis dramatically. I will do a separate post, but I am still transitioning from a vegan diet to a paleo diet.
Here is what you will need to make this amazing smoothie bowl:
- 1-2 Frozen, chopped up bananas
- 1 scoop Protein powder of choice
- Coconut milk or almond milk (to blend)
- 1 tbsp Maca powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Cacao powder (if you want it chocolate!)
- Toppings of choice!
- Add the bananas, protein powder, maca powder, vanilla extract and cacao powder to a high-speed blender
- The bananas must be frozen to make the ice cream consistency, if they are not frozen, add a few ice cubes
- Add a few tablespoons of non-dairy milk such as coconut milk or almond milk. If you like your ice cream thicker, use less milk. If you want it more runny, use more.
After the icecream is blended, scoop it into a bowl, and now is the fun part. You can add a ton of toppings of your choosing to make it even more delicious.
I added fresh mango, freeze-dried raspberries, chia seeds, hemp seeds, and almond butter.
So delicious and so many nutrients! I like having this for breakfast post-workout, and also as dessert if I am craving ice cream.