Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite foods because they are delicious, and also extremely healthy for you. Sweet potatoes are high in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, manganese and copper. They also are extremely anti-inflammatory, so they can be beneficial for skin conditions, and joint pain which are inflammatory problems.
Here’s how you make delicious sweet potato fries, right from home!
What you will need:
- 2 large sweet potatoes (organic preferable)
- Avocado oil (or any oil of choice, such as olive or coconut)
- Himalayan pink salt
- Other seasonings of choice
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (yes it’s hot, but it makes the fries crispy)
- Poke holes in the sweet potatoes, and place them in the microwave for 7-8 minutes
- After they are microwaved, carefully remove them (they will be hot) and chop them into medium sized slices (You can remove the skin, but I like to keep it on)
- Coat the wedges in salt, pepper, avocado oil and other seasonings if desired (I used garlic powder, red chili flakes and dill)
- Put oil on the pan so that they do not stick, and arrange them evenly
- They should be equally spread apart so that they all can crisp up
- Put them in the oven to bake for ten minutes
- After ten minutes, take them out and flip them over
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes until they are crispy
I like them when they are a little burnt around the edges, but you can adjust the time depending on your personal preference.
These are SO good and so healthy. You never have to feel guilty about eating fries again!