If you are trying to cut down on caffeine for any reason, but you still want to enjoy the feeling of having a cup of coffee, this is the perfect alternative. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also nutritious.
Instead of coffee, this recipe involves Dandelion Tea, which resembles coffee, but is caffeine free. The brand is Teecino, and it comes in many different flavors. In addition, this tea is completely gluten free and vegan.
I will also be using ghee in this recipe, although you can substitute it for organic butter or coconut oil. Ghee is clarified butter, and it is high in Vitamin A, D and E. All of these vitamins are known to improve the appearance of your skin. In addition, ghee contains Omega 3 fats, which many of us are lacking. The fat added to this beverage is what make it truly delicious and creamy, so don’t skip it. I use the Fourth and Heart Vanilla Ghee which has a touch of vanilla bean added. I get it from Thrive Market.
- 1 bag of Teecino Dandelion “coffee” herbal tea, or any other coffee substitute
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla bean ghee (can substitute with coconut oil or organic butter)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or any other milk of choice)
- 1-2 drops stevia extract
- 1-2 drops vanilla extract
- Boil a cup of water (or more depending on how much you want)
- Add teabag and turn off heat
- Allow tea to steep for at least five minutes
- Remove tea bag and pour tea into blender
- Add ghee, coconut milk, stevia and vanilla
- Blend until everything is combined, and a froth appears on the top
Enjoy hot, or you can pour this over ice to enjoy it as an iced coffee version. Cheers!