This salmon is so easy to do, and very delicious. Salmon is excellent to include in a balanced diet, and is one of my favorite fish. Salmon is high in unsaturated omega 3 fatty acids, which many of us are lacking. Omega 3’s reduce inflammation in the body and can prevent chronic disease. It is so important to eat Omega 3’s because the typical diet is very high in Omega 6’s (thanks to those nasty vegetable oils that is in all our food). Salmon is also high in vitamin B12, protein, selenium and potassium. It is very important that you pick wild caught salmon over farmed. Wild caught salmon, like the name indicates, are caught fresh, while farmed salmon are stuffed into tiny living spaces and fed antibiotics (similar to factory farming with cows and chickens). Not only do you not want to support these terrible industries, but you want to be eating fish that were in healthy living conditions before being caught.
To be honest, I don’t really have the exact measurements for this marinade because I tossed a bunch of ingredients together in a Ziploc bag, but it ended up tasting amazing. If you do not have coconut aminos, soy sauce or teriyaki sauce would also work. Apple cider vinegar can be substituted for any other vinegar substitute, or you can forgo it and just use olive oil.
- Wild caught salmon fillet
- 1-2 crushed garlic cloves
- Fresh parsley
- 1-2 tablespoons high quality olive oil (or avocado/coconut)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon dill
- Black pepper
- Add all the marinade ingredients into a Ziploc bag and add the salmon in after the ingredients are mixed together
2. Ensure the salmon is covered equally by the marinade (mix it around in the bag)
3. Allow the salmon to soak in the marinade for a few hours, then place it on a lined baking sheet with some more oil.
4. Bake the salmon for ten minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. I also like to broil it for three to five minutes after to get the crispy skin.
I had this over a bed of greens with a baked sweet potato on the side. Simple, but very balanced and healthy. This meal contains antioxidants, protein, complex carbohydrates and is the best meal to replenish your body. Enjoy!
Let me know what you think!